Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mental Images in Mediation for Self Development

Mental images relate to the mind. These stimulators produced by the mind give us visuals we can use to start a meditation process. Mental images carry out in the mind do not create any physiological actions or employ any aids from our physical states.

We can develop mental images to self-develop skills. All one needs to do is focus on a certain image and draw from the specifics given in the imagination. Despite if, the image has little value, we can conjure up a complete detailed package that helps us to learn something new.

Mental images help us to develop dreams. We can draw from these mental pictures that produce visualizations to assist us with employing our imaginative pictorials to extract from our strengths gaining insights from the images we visualize.

The visualization is a complimentary to meditation. Since meditation involves focus, we can use our visualizations or mental images to improve our memory through meditation.

Meditation allows us to use our thoughts to consider, deliberate, contemplate, reflect on details and ruminate through the entire picture to draw conclusions.

Despite if you have visualization skills, you can develop them by meditating to encourage mental images. These images are great resources that allow us to focus, concentrating on the bigger picture.

To get started however, you have to encourage relaxation. Relaxation may not come quickly, yet if you continue to focus, you will start to sense relaxing feelings. You want to welcome complete placidity.

Because you want complete placidity, you want to find a natural, relaxing environment to begin the processes of relaxation. Find some place where you do not feel disturbed by distractions.

To start afford you some time and distance from other people, disturbances, such as traffic, or other background noises. Take a couple of moments to reflect on here and now.

Now think of somewhere you would like to visit. For instance, visualize yourself five years from now in an area you always wanted to be. Think of this place as a reality that will come through in your near future.

I will work with you on this. Since we all have different desires or dreams, it is best that we go our separate ways so that you can go where you want to visit.

Mental image:
Picturing myself on a snow-capped mountain in Colorado –
Cabin – my cabin is made of log and has a fireplace –
I have hard wooden floors and a comfortable set of future with a huge patio or balcony window with my computer desk in front of this area. Here is my placidity to write and create new ways to meditate for self-development.

Outside when I step out of my door the first thing I see is a glorious waterfall gushing streams of fresh water down into a flowing river that spreads down the mountain, winding as it turns and curves around the bends.

To the distance, I allow my mind to reflect or focus on this lovely sighting. My mind begins to image what it would be like to taste and feel the gushing water streaming over my body.

I take myself to an imaginary place where I can remain in this luxurious environment. Yet I bring in natures lovely critters and have the power to hug. To receive a hug back by a large grizzly bear, in my world animals are friendly.

This process is the removal any fears that could hinder you from focusing on the bigger picture. Therefore, I symbolically hug this bear to feel at ease.

Continue this process until you discover your dreams and then work to make them a reality.

No comments: